Add Variety to Your Game Day
While burgers and brats are the traditional tailgating fare and have their place on the menu, sometimes you need to mix things up when preparing that game day spread.
For easy, delicious entertaining, add Sabra Hummus to the tailgate menu. Available in more than a dozen appetizing flavors and made with fresh chickpeas and a touch of garlic and tahini, hummus is the perfect smooth and creamy accompaniment for chips, crackers, veggies and even tailgating favorites like chicken wings and burgers.
Start your game day crowd off with a 7-layer hummus dip, the perfect blend of hummus, Greek yogurt, vegetables and cheese, and then serve up a hearty batch of Basil Pesto Hummus Pasta Salad, a main course sure to delight the home fans and bring them back week after week.
For more tasty ideas on how to include hummus in your pre-game lineup, rush on over to sabra.com/recipes.
Basil Pesto Hummus Pasta Salad
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, rough chopped
- 1 cup fennel (2 small bulbs), finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup roasted red pepper
- 1/2 cup chives, minced
- 1 container (10 ounces) of Sabra Basil Pesto Hummus
- 1 cup pasta cooking water, reserved
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fennel fronds for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1-cup pasta cooking water.
- Prepare all vegetables. In big bowl, toss vegetables with Basil Pesto Hummus. Add pasta and pasta water, stir to combine. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Serve at room temperature, drizzle each portion with splash of olive oil and sprinkle fennel fronds overtop.
4-6 (as a main dish)
Individual 7-Layer Dip
- 9 ounces Sabra Mediterranean Herb Greek Yogurt
- 10 ounces Sabra Classic Hummus
- pinch of salt
- pinch of paprika
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 roasted red peppers, halved then diced
- feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley
- Kalamata olives, chopped for garnish (optional)
- 1 bag pita chips
- In individual-serving cups, dollop Greek yogurt evenly over bottom of each cup.
- Top layer with portion of hummus, followed by another dollop of Greek yogurt. Sprinkle with salt and paprika.
- Top each cup with handful of tomatoes, roasted red peppers and feta cheese.
- Garnish with parsley and olives. Serve with pita chips.
why do i want my wife to cheat on me open i want my wife to cheat
Latest posts by Christine Gerani (see all)
- SpotOnMedia Group Announces Premiere Date For “The Lounge” - January 24, 2017
- New Fan Verification Process Meant to Stem the Tide of Resellers - May 23, 2016
- Fans Can Get Their Terrific Comic Con Tickets at Mohegan Sun - May 6, 2016